PDA

View Full Version : 2016 GIJCC/TCC Crossover Exclusive 5-pack available for Pre-Order!

Commander_Lane
10-11-2016, 10:31 AM
2016 G.I. Joe Club/Transformers Club Crossover Exclusive 5-pack box set
features: Ninja Force Scarlett, Dr. Sidney Biggles-Jones, Cobra Commander,
Megatron, Rabat, with file cards and accessories!

http://www.gijoeclub.com/images/CROSSOVER16.jpg

Also, make sure you check out the Only Human: Arcee and Rodimus Prime carded 3 3/4" action figures.
These items are very limited, so don't miss out on these great G.I. Joe/Transformers Collectors’ Club
Crossover items. Visit the official Club Store and order yours Today!

rjhiii@sover.net
10-11-2016, 11:18 AM
Already ordered :)

j_yoders@hotmail.com
10-11-2016, 12:58 PM
$120 seems steep for four figures and two pets/accessories but these will sell out due to NF Scarlett so I've ordered one. Not much chance of a price drop like with last year's crossover exclusives.

bassistcarlos@sbcglobal.net
10-11-2016, 01:47 PM
I see 4 Transformer pieces (7 if you count the cassettes) in this set; why are only 2 named?

axonrey@gmail.com
10-11-2016, 01:57 PM
Agreed. I'd say it's 3.5 figures. Wish that scarlett was single carded...

robertmsmith65@yahoo.com
10-11-2016, 03:08 PM
Do we get charged when shipped or we get charged now?

j_yoders@hotmail.com
10-11-2016, 03:15 PM
Looked like now when I made my order.

rjhiii@sover.net
10-11-2016, 03:16 PM
Expensive day- This set came out at the same time as the BBTS Preorder cases went live. Ouch, but done...

iamcanadian@sasktel.net
10-12-2016, 08:45 AM
$129 for this? ouch.

kelty11@verizon.net
10-12-2016, 01:43 PM
$129 + high shipping is way to expensive. Going to have to wait a bit on this (already paid $495 for Eagle Force Kickstarter). Hope is doesn't sell out too quickly.

Does anybody remember if the club charges right away for pre-orders? Haven't preordered something in a while (not counting the Con Sets).

gjwermund@gmail.com
10-12-2016, 03:08 PM
They do. I pre ordered and it already came out of my bank

kelty11@verizon.net
10-13-2016, 09:52 AM
Thanks. Going to have to wait a bit then. That EF kickstarter cost me $495.

j_yoders@hotmail.com
10-13-2016, 10:38 AM
I seriously do wonder what brings the cost up so much on these. Is it the screenprinted cardboard box? I'd rather have mine in polybags if we were given the option.

axonrey@gmail.com
10-13-2016, 10:56 AM
Yeah, this one is pretty tough to swallow. I think calling it a 5-pack is a stretch. Those Transformers don't look like much more than pack-ins, and that CC just being a repaint of a $5 DG version is hard to eat, as well.

Any TF Collectors out there that find value in this set from a strictly Transformers perspective?

kelty11@verizon.net
10-14-2016, 10:13 AM
They should have dumped the TF figures for this set and included Dojo, a recolored Night Creeper and a Black/Orange Night Creeper Leader.

j_yoders@hotmail.com
10-14-2016, 10:36 AM
Having the recolored NC leader (without the dumb beanie) would've been really cool. Hoping we get more Ninja Force before the club contract comes up again. Cue the whining from the anti-ninja group now.

axonrey@gmail.com
10-14-2016, 11:06 AM
Yeah, that's why this set bums me out. It's the only NF we're getting this year, and I can't even afford it. But I knew that was going to be the case when they announced this thing anyway. I figured $100 was best case scenario.

There must not be much of a anti-ninja group, as this set is clearly powered by NF Scarlett. Biggle-Jones is the only other indulgence here. Those TFs only barely qualify as "figures", and as much as the club touts the repaint (it is a nice re-paint), that CC is still a $5 figure with a nicer shine.

If there's anyone buying this set with no interest in that NF Scarlett, I'd like to hear from them.

morgardee@hotmail.com
10-19-2016, 07:29 PM
Ouch. Compared to what you get with SDCC box sets, this is expensive. I think it's worth $79.99, maybe $99.99 at the outside.

I'm curious to see what Hascon will charge for their exclusive toys. I'm hoping it might start to bring the costs back to a more realistic level.

kelty11@verizon.net
10-20-2016, 10:56 AM
Ouch. Compared to what you get with SDCC box sets, this is expensive. I think it's worth $79.99, maybe $99.99 at the outside.

I'm curious to see what Hascon will charge for their exclusive toys. I'm hoping it might start to bring the costs back to a more realistic level.

The Hascon sets will probably be produced in greater number by Hasbro itself which will bring down costs. But I don't think that the geniuses at Hasbro would have ever produced some of the sets that the club has over the last few years.

axonrey@gmail.com
10-20-2016, 10:59 AM
I'm not contending that the club is trying to burn us with this price. I think history has shown us how slim their margins are. But as a consumer, and look at that set and don't see a $145 value. Clearly, some do. For me, I'd be paying that price for Scarlett, because nothing else appeals to me.

boudro72@yahoo.com
10-20-2016, 11:15 AM
I am saying it right now.......stuff like this set from the club will be the norm...once the club is forced aside, then you can forget 15 figure box sets...

Sure this set is expensive, but isnt it worth it IF it helps to keep the club around?? I think everyone figured in the $100 area already, $129 is high, but not out of the ball park, especially considering the cost of the Con exclusives last few years.

I like this set and will get it, but the TFs will just stay in the box and get shelved next to the 4 JoeVsTF boxes from SDCCs...

rjhiii@sover.net
10-20-2016, 11:42 AM
Yes, bring down the costs to produce, but not necessarily the price. HasCon items, like SDCC will be considered a "premium" product and priced as such. In the end we are not going to get 21 figures produced (yes some are 3 x army builders, plus vehicles at HasCon. What we will probably get is a two figure set and a vehicle, or a 5 figure set because they have to make exclusives for their other lines as well. It won't entirely be centered around GI Joe which is why we need the Club to continue.

axonrey@gmail.com
10-20-2016, 11:42 AM
I would almost agree with you, but 129 becomes almost 150 after shipping. that's just too much. I already pay 30 a figure for the FSS, so I can't get behind the club charity argument. I wouldn't pay TRU that much, so to me, I'm already overpaying to support the Club's efforts. If there was more to this set, it'd be different. I wonder how many have sold? It doesn't seem like it would be popular among TF collectors.

rjhiii@sover.net
10-20-2016, 12:11 PM
I don't know I am not a TF collector :cool: , but I look at it this way.
Given the limited number of sets that are going to sell and the Secondary market price that will occur something like this.
$150- $200 Ninja Force Scarlett ( I don't really want her, but she is a female figure for my niece's collection)
$125-$150 Dr. Biggles Jones (the only figure that I wanted for my niece and to add to her and her brother's Cobra Scientists)
Cobra Commander $20 - because really no one wants this repaint except completists
Transformers $20 each because there may be a TF fan that wants them and Retail this is how the Secondary market will double their money. So for me- I could pay $150 for Dr. Biggles Jones, or I could Pay $150 for Dr. Biggles Jones, have an ugly Ninja Force Scarlett, a repainted Cobra Commander and a few Transformers thrown in for the kids to also play with/display.

axonrey@gmail.com
10-20-2016, 12:17 PM
I don't think they'll go quite that high, but I get the logic, and am looking at even at 50, Scarlett and Biggles is 100 bucks, and could I make up the difference selling the rest, but I don't know.

Also, that's too expensive a toy for your niece, you should sell it to me instead...

rjhiii@sover.net
10-20-2016, 12:38 PM
Hahahahaha- She has Covergirl, Daina, Doc, Jinx, Zaranna etc. to play with as well.

huntersabin@yahoo.com
10-20-2016, 04:06 PM
Love it! I've gotten almost the same for my 18 month old daughter. Can never start too young! She's got Vypra, Pythona, Doc, with many more. Yo Joe!

rjhiii@sover.net
10-20-2016, 04:49 PM
See I am not the only one. My goal is to get my niece and nephew all the Joes their mom and I had plus. That is why I want as much of the 1988 - 1990 completed as possible in the next two years as we can get. Although this path is expensive they are worth it...

kelty11@verizon.net
10-21-2016, 12:26 PM
I also tear open my and display my convention sets. I paid a hefty sum for Freefall and I (carefully) ripped open his bubble the day I received without regrets. They are not an investment for me and I have no intention of ever selling them. My view is that toys and most comic books only have a short life as a true collectibles. Granted some really ground breaking toys and comics will continue to rise in value for decades, but I don't think that the 2011 Convention Set of SDCC figures will ever be as valuable art.

axonrey@gmail.com
10-21-2016, 12:50 PM
I don't value them as investments either, but they still cost a lot. I just wish i could complete my ninja force without all the extras i can't afford.

j_yoders@hotmail.com
10-21-2016, 02:59 PM
The secondary market doesn't work if it doesn't sell out. There are STILL SDCC sets available on Hasbrotoyshop.com so there IS no secondary market for that product. I fear these high prices will kill the golden goose. Collectors are already balking at the higher-priced items that have more than four figures. Even if people buy them just for Ninja Force Scarlett to part it out and sell here that'll just bring down the secondary price of Ninja Force Scarlett.

axonrey@gmail.com
10-21-2016, 07:35 PM
I'd be willing to pay the club the standard per figure price for Scarlett, but since I'll have to go to the secondary market, if the price goes down, that benefits me for sure.

morgardee@hotmail.com
10-25-2016, 04:13 PM
Errrrr, the geniuses at Hasbro brought us G.I.Joe in the first place. The majority of the Fun Publishing characters are based off what Hasbro has already produced and the head sculpts and body configurations have not been outsourced. ;)

j_yoders@hotmail.com
10-25-2016, 06:34 PM
I just think collectors will even start to balk (in a major way) if you're paying upwards of $100 for painted boxes and window displays and not many actual toys. The goose that was comicon exclusives has already been killed and the long, hype-induced lines fail to sell out many products at the show anymore. When Hasbrotoyshop sells the "exclusives" a few weeks later - exact same product - what's really the point?

axonrey@gmail.com
10-26-2016, 09:19 AM
I would agree that at the prices we pay, in not interested in paying premiums for packaging. That's a big ask by the retailer in my opinion.