PDA

View Full Version : Club updates September 2016

GIJCC_Staff
09-01-2016, 12:17 PM
Remember that the deadline for the FSS 5.0 is Friday! Don't miss out (http://www.mastercollector.com/fss/event.cfm?eid=1013).

We will not have a delivery schedule until the factory gets back to us after they get the qty to produce. This is build to order and they can't schedule the timing until they know the qty.

The 1 per membership limit has been removed for Pythona. See the store (http://gijoeclub.com/shop).

rjhiii@sover.net
09-01-2016, 12:31 PM
I have seen some of the Canadian Customers post what their shipping charges are. In the future could the Club charge a single bulk ship freight for Foreign countries (note this does not affect me because I am in Vermont) and ship them like BBTS "Pile of Loot" option? Those signing up would have to understand while everyone else is getting their two figures, they won't be getting the ones they ordered until the last 3 are mailed. Just a thought. The Canadian Postal rate conversions gave me sticker shock.

adamjsmith75@yahoo.com
09-01-2016, 06:09 PM
As a Canadian, I'd love this option. I'd be fine with waiting for one big final shipment if it saved me some cash- The shipping to Canada is currently bananas. I'd just want to make sure it went out with the US 6th shipment so we don't get the surprise figure spoiled.

iamcanadian@sasktel.net
09-02-2016, 01:03 AM
While a single shipment would be nice the kicker is in the customs charges. If you do a single sub customs almost always ignores it because its under $100 for each shipment. If you do two subs then its a hit and miss, maybe 50% to 60% get hit by customs/handling/tax charges which was another $20-$25 added on. One big shipment would definitely have a big customs/handling/tax charge, similar to the con sets. And yes the shipping rates are getting to be insane.

axonrey@gmail.com
09-02-2016, 04:44 AM
The shipping rates aren't great for domestic members, either. I'd take an all at once option, as well.

NS550@aol.com
09-02-2016, 05:32 AM
Yeah, I had forgotten how much even domestic shipping was until I put this sub in. As much as I love getting the monthly figures if it saved a lot on shipping I would go in for a single bulk shipment. I see the point for international members with customs though, several small packages may get overlooked but a single big one is likely to draw a hefty fee, which may even make shipping the whole set even more expensive. International shipping is tough.

GIJCC_Staff
09-02-2016, 10:14 AM
Unfortunately we can't do a bulk shipment, the system is not designed for that because of the installment payment options.

jared.vitosh@gmail.com
09-02-2016, 04:12 PM
Any idea which Salvo we are getting?

ERIKSEMAIL@VERIZON.NET
09-02-2016, 04:34 PM
Is there no option to pick and choose the figures?

jared.vitosh@gmail.com
09-02-2016, 04:46 PM
Right now you buy all 13 of them or nothing. After they are shipped to subscribers, the leftover ones get put in the club store for around $40 each, but the popular ones sell out fast so there is no way to guarantee you get one. There are always people who buy the whole sub for a few figures (or buy multiple subs) and then sell singles on eBay. Big Bad Toy Store usually buys several subs and takes preorders for single figures with varying prices based on demand. I don't know yet if they are doing that for this wave yet, as they still have a lot of FSS 4.0 and some FSS 3.0 in stock that they haven't sold.

GIJCC_Staff
09-06-2016, 10:48 AM
We received tooling samples today. Salvo V2 is going to work. These are unpainted builds to show the tools are correct before they go to the next phase in building the line tools (paint masks) for each figure's deco.

NS550@aol.com
09-06-2016, 11:25 AM
That is some of the best news I've heard so far! Hooray for the club!!! Go Salvo!!!! Thanks for listening guys!

j_yoders@hotmail.com
09-06-2016, 11:25 AM
Fine work!

zartanfan@gmail.com
09-06-2016, 12:49 PM
Thanks for providing us with the update and great news!!!!

bbcauld@att.net
09-06-2016, 03:46 PM
Awesome news! Thanks Club.

jimsnow70@aol.com
09-06-2016, 03:47 PM
No regrets for subbing now! Thanks for coming through club!

steve.2477@hotmail.com
09-06-2016, 03:54 PM
Awesome news. Salvo 2.0 was the best option. Great work Club, much appreciated.

jabvab@verizon.net
09-06-2016, 04:23 PM
Thank you to everyone at the club - appreciate you really listening to the membership, taking the time to do a fantastic redesign and following through to make it happen. Salvo 2.0 is going to end up being among the best figures the club has ever produced.

ozcouple@live.com
09-06-2016, 08:34 PM
Niiiiiice.

Slamgod7140@hotmail.com
09-06-2016, 09:43 PM
Yessir!!! Great job guys! Thanks for jumping on that and kicking this in the butt!! Y'all RAWK!

jay.r.taylor@gmail.com
09-07-2016, 11:41 AM
That is great to hear! I can't wait to get these figures, they are looking great.

skoor.cr@gmail.com
09-08-2016, 12:27 AM
Awesome! !!!!!!!!! I can't wait to get my set now

ATBotts78@gmail.com
09-08-2016, 05:05 AM
Thank you Club for acting on the voice of the members. I've wanted Salvo for a very long time, and I'm so excited that the redesign is possible. I'm sure a lot of hard work went on behind the scenes and it's greatly appreciated. Yo Joe!

viceroyhaako@hotmail.com
09-08-2016, 08:23 PM
Now Steel Raven has to be fixed...I've seen a lot of criticism about her too. Not as much as Salvo, but there are many who would prefer her to be dark blue instead of brown at the least, and at most a change of her coat from 2 pieces to 1 piece.

j_yoders@hotmail.com
09-08-2016, 09:08 PM
Don't care that much about Steel Raven. I'm okay with her.

giants5680@yahoo.com
09-08-2016, 11:31 PM
Love Steel Raven as she has been presented, no changes needed in my opinion.

rjhiii@sover.net
09-09-2016, 07:39 AM
Not my era- she looks good to me, but I understand Extreme fans want her as close to what they remember as they can get. However, this request comes after the barn doors have been left open and the horse has not only left the barn, but long since left the pasture and maybe even the county as well. Before the deadline would have been the time to request these changes, when the club could have had a different mock up to show. Now the deadline is over, people subscribed based on the way she was presented. You cannot switch now. Should have done a mock up photoshop and presented it for consideration and feedback. If people liked the figure they saw ( I did) and when the actual comes it is an entirely different color scheme those that ordered might feel cheated.

axonrey@gmail.com
09-09-2016, 08:01 AM
I feel like the predominant issue some have with Steel Raven is the color palette, which would be subject to change anyway. But I also don't know if there is a big enough contingent of fans who dislike it versus the number who seem perfectly fine with. I think Salvo has got people thinking changes are in the air, but I don't know if the Club has ever seen as vocal and as intense a dislike for a build. They pretty much HAD to address it in some capacity.

j_yoders@hotmail.com
09-09-2016, 08:20 AM
Salvo (and before him Hit n' Run) were situations where the difference between the original and the ME/FSS version were blatant. I don't think we should nitpick every little thing (like Steel Raven's colors) when the club has limitations just like we all do at our jobs. Let's keep the club fun and get a figure that's 90% faithful to the original in the process.

rjhiii@sover.net
09-09-2016, 08:30 AM
Salvo, Hit and Run, Spearhead Orange, Night Creeper Leader choice of Serpentor bald head, blindfold, and color scheme were all changed partially due to feedback, but All that feedback came way, way before the deadline closed. In all three cases of FSS 3.0 the changes did not improve the figure in my opinion. Salvo is a home run for the Salvo collector (not me and like Steel Raven I was okay with the first mock up, but the second is a better figure than the first). Hit and Run received digital squiggles on his face to try and create "stubble", Spearhead was given his original bright orange (vs the muted rusty brown orange int he first mock up) and NCL received a mismatched black skull cap to go with his Purple blindfold (people wanted tiger stripes and orange). Then there were complaints the skull cap should have been "purple"- which would have made him look like Zorro trying out for the LA Lakers Cheerleaders...lol!

j_yoders@hotmail.com
09-09-2016, 08:47 AM
Yeah, I agree about the NCL. The bald head would have been better than the weird skullcap we got.

axonrey@gmail.com
09-09-2016, 10:43 AM
I think we can all agree that the club came through in a big way on that Salvo. Even though we are paying customers, and have a certain right to express our opinions, that effort, for me, has earned them a fair amount of leeway on the figures that I might think are less than perfect. But let's be honest, top to bottom, this is a pretty damn solid line-up.

kelty11@verizon.net
09-09-2016, 10:58 AM
I will never look at NCL the same way again. This made my day. ;)

I can live with most of the minor issues but Salvo's appearance is central to his character.

jamieandvicki@gmail.com
09-12-2016, 07:39 PM
Hate to be 'that guy' but....when does FSS 5.0 ship?

csi_kincaid@yahoo.com
09-12-2016, 09:19 PM
I would think we can expect figures no sooner than Halloween and likely closer to Thanksgiving.

iamcanadian@sasktel.net
09-12-2016, 11:06 PM
If the other subs are any indication then I'd guess closer to January.

GIJCC_Staff
09-15-2016, 03:11 PM
We are working on the cards for FSS 5. The cards are not ready to be shown.

The Swan and Dolphin resort is sold out on Monday & Tuesday. So, make your reservations for the rest of the week, make sure you are on the wait list at the hotel and then make an alternate hotel for Monday & Tuesday. Hopefully they will be able to work everyone in but we won't know until close to the show.

We don't have the final ship date on FSS 5. Still waiting on the manufacturer.

We love that many of you are participating on the forums about your "dream" figures for FSS 6 and beyond. Just remember to keep the figures a reasonable cost, we can't tool completely new figures or many different items as it just gets too expensive in these small runs. We just want you to have reasonable expectations and suggestions that we can really consider in the future.

c.j.lloyd1@juno.com
09-16-2016, 06:28 PM
Where is the best place to post these suggestions so they will be seen? Maybe Admin can start an official suggestions/wants thread for FSS 6.0?

morgardee@hotmail.com
09-19-2016, 08:23 PM
We are working on the cards for FSS 5. The cards are not ready to be shown.

The Swan and Dolphin resort is sold out on Monday & Tuesday. So, make your reservations for the rest of the week, make sure you are on the wait list at the hotel and then make an alternate hotel for Monday & Tuesday. Hopefully they will be able to work everyone in but we won't know until close to the show.

We don't have the final ship date on FSS 5. Still waiting on the manufacturer.

We love that many of you are participating on the forums about your "dream" figures for FSS 6 and beyond. Just remember to keep the figures a reasonable cost, we can't tool completely new figures or many different items as it just gets too expensive in these small runs. We just want you to have reasonable expectations and suggestions that we can really consider in the future.

I still want a Python Patrol Big Boa. You already have the molds for that. ;)

morgardee@hotmail.com
09-19-2016, 08:35 PM
Unfortunately we can't do a bulk shipment, the system is not designed for that because of the installment payment options.

Sorry. I'm going to call you out on that one. Blaming this on the installment payment option makes no sense when I always choose to pay full price, all at once. I pay all at once, I should be able to get them all at once. I'm not lying when I say I know Canadians have cancelled their orders due to the high rate of shipping. You are loosing potential customers. I challenge you to make a poll and ask people how many would want the entire collection at once. Even with duty taxes it's still going to cheaper that the $200 (Canadian) it costs in shipping for two sets. If this really is "our club" then meet us half way!

GIJCC_Staff
09-23-2016, 12:09 PM
Not much has changed, still working on FSS 5 cards. Still waiting on official date from Mfg but.... it looks like they SHOULD arrive here before Christmas.

Will start pre-orders on the Cross Over product and Female Troopers in October. Same on the ship date. Looking like before Christmas. The October Club Magazine will have full dossiers on the Cross Over set.. it's pretty cool! I love the packaging.

If you missed the lost 1960's commercials take a look at them here: http://www.vintage3djoes.com/dietz-archive-of-commercials.html

Expecting to start pre-orders on Action Man 50th Anniversary 12" products soon.

Again on future products including Convention Sets and FSS items: an entirely new figure's tooling is just not possible from a cost stand point. So as you are dreaming, dream using the current molds with a few new heads and new accessories.

rjhiii@sover.net
09-23-2016, 12:41 PM
If members knew the cost to get a totally new tooled figure and the Club/Hasbro utilized Kickstarter just for the molds you might find it a win-win-win situation. Fans get new product, Club and Hasbro have access to more molds and more options. Just a thought.

Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu
09-23-2016, 02:29 PM
Does that mean that the Club Store will be offering the Action Man 50th products?

axonrey@gmail.com
09-23-2016, 10:10 PM
Golobulus is about the only figure i want that can't really be created with current tooling.

kelty11@verizon.net
09-24-2016, 11:16 AM
Completely agree. Kickstarter would be a great option - look at the all the fantastic 3.75 figures series that have been funded.

axonrey@gmail.com
09-25-2016, 07:18 PM
So, the club will be doing actual preorders for the crossover set? I guess we'll have to wait until then to know the cost?

morgardee@hotmail.com
09-27-2016, 06:31 PM
So nothing on the bulk shipment discussion? It's a fair request. Let's not have that conversation ignored please.

j_yoders@hotmail.com
09-27-2016, 09:53 PM
BF 2000 could totally be made with current tooling. Just use vests and webgear to make the chest pieces.

axonrey@gmail.com
09-28-2016, 05:12 PM

They addressed it here.

morgardee@hotmail.com
09-30-2016, 05:34 AM
Yes, and I questioned that. If we pay all at once, why can't it ship all at once? They are loosing international business due to high shipping fees. Chasing nickles, loosing dollars...