PDA

View Full Version : GIJCC: FSS 5.0 Steel Raven Preview!

Commander_Lane
08-23-2016, 03:12 PM
We are very excited to offer the fifth limited edition GIJCC Figure Subscription Service. This assortment contains a variety of fan requested characters from all eras of the 3 3/4-inch G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero series. It includes classic 80's, 90's, international, and a never before released character to add to your modern era action figure collection. Upon successful completion, you will also receive a BONUS mystery 13th carded action figure with the last shipment.

Each single carded action figure features the highly articulated modern era sculpts with weapons and accessories to accomplish any mission!

Here is the 11th figure preview:

http://www.gijoeclub.com/images/FSS5steelravWEB.jpg
S.K.A.R. INFANTRY OFFICER: STEEL RAVEN
(Based on the G.I. Joe: Extreme animated series character and GIJCC comic stories!)

Includes: removable hat & jacket, sub machine gun, auto pistols x 2, computer pad, and figure stand.

NOTE: All images are Photoshop representations, final product, accessories and/or colors may vary!

Rguthei1@twcny.rr.com
08-23-2016, 03:21 PM
About the only thing I have a problem with (as was the case with the Viper figure) I'm not a fan of the Assault Rifle and if I ever decide to open her I'll likely give her a more traditional rifle. Having never watched G.I.Joe Extreme back in the day I have no real point of comparison as far as her build is concerned.

kaljzl0824@yahoo.com
08-23-2016, 03:28 PM
This looks nothing like Steel Raven. The colors are different. I knew this figure would be a mess. This is worse than Salvo! I'm sure if this was a membership figure it would have gotten the attention it needed. Like Pythona got. This one just pisses me off. Such a waste of a slot. Thumbs way down here.

steve.2477@hotmail.com
08-23-2016, 03:39 PM
Its ok, everyone likes female characters, but not a fav for me. She could pass as Major Bludd's daughter, lol, if he had one.

csi_kincaid@yahoo.com
08-23-2016, 03:46 PM
I actually really like this. Admittedly, I could do without the skirt portion, but this is good for what it is intended to be. She will be with Iron Klaw in my Iron Grenadiers set up for sure.

axonrey@gmail.com
08-23-2016, 03:58 PM
This one does seem off based on the images I've seen of the character, but having no affinity for the character, i think it looks cool.

shanewilson536@gmail.com
08-23-2016, 04:08 PM
Suhweet! That's what I'm talking about....Love the modern look! Just edged out Gen. Flagg as my favorite figure so far! Great job club!

shanewilson536@gmail.com
08-23-2016, 04:15 PM
This looks nothing like Steel Raven. The colors are different. I knew this figure would be a mess. This is worse than Salvo! I'm sure if this was a membership figure it would have gotten the attention it needed. Like Pythona got. This one just pisses me off. Such a waste of a slot. Thumbs way down here.

I'll take her off your hands. Keep me in mind if you want to get rid of this one. Plenty to trade

Thompson.hunter58@yahoo.com
08-23-2016, 04:20 PM
The colors are wrong. If the colors matched it'd be spot on

rjhiii@sover.net
08-23-2016, 04:51 PM
GI Joe Extreme era so no care for how the figure represents to the original. Good looking figure. Definitely a winner, but anything past 1990 really are figures that should have waited until the original 82-90 run was complete IMHO.

charles.phillips@penske.com
08-23-2016, 05:27 PM
If I remember correctly, the colors should be black and red? Nevertheless, I like the character, like the figure and this is a plus for me in the set.

ozcouple@live.com
08-23-2016, 06:37 PM
Two thumbs up for me! Love it!

jared.vitosh@gmail.com
08-23-2016, 06:44 PM
The figure looks kind of neat, but I have no idea if this is how she is supposed to look. Never really cared for Extreme or Sgt. Savage. But if you have Iron Klaw I guess it makes sense to have her too.

sheila4420@hotmail.com
08-23-2016, 06:52 PM
Wow! She's a LOT better than I hoped for! She's different-in a good way. She would DEFINITELY fit right in with the Iron Grenadiers, or like somebody posted earlier, maybe Bludd's daughter or whatever. I like the whole mockup of this figure, even though she doesn't look like her original design, she will fit in great with the modern-era versions of the rest of the Joe-verse. Good job on this one! Definitely a keeper here. I wonder if Heartwrencher will use a lot of these parts?

axonrey@gmail.com
08-23-2016, 07:06 PM
I'd be ok if that brown turns out red in the final product...

NS550@aol.com
08-23-2016, 09:44 PM
This figure looks great! It makes me really upset that I passed when I had the chance to pick up Iron Klaw from the first FSS... I didn't think there would be any more SKAR figures and him by himself didn't make sense to me... that's always my luck!

csi_kincaid@yahoo.com
08-23-2016, 10:15 PM
This figure looks great! It makes me really upset that I passed when I had the chance to pick up Iron Klaw from the first FSS... I didn't think there would be any more SKAR figures and him by himself didn't make sense to me... that's always my luck!
I'm sorry you missed out. For me, Iron Klaw was always intended to be a sidekick to the Grenadiers. He's a dictator and never seemed right with just Cobra. Now, if we can get a few of the other Klaw members or Extreme characters, I'll be extremely happy.

j_yoders@hotmail.com
08-24-2016, 05:31 AM
GI Joe Extreme era so no care for how the figure represents to the original. anything past 1990 really are figures that should have waited until the original 82-90 run was complete IMHO.

Agree completely. Why are we wasting slots on these when there are so many of the original ARAH line that haven't had a modern introduction?

terran_brackiatt@yahoo.com
08-24-2016, 06:14 AM
i'm torn on this one....

i love the colours... please don't ruin her by changing the brown to red...
and i love that the club is trying out new parts recipes...

but having an open top and closed bottom of the coat looks a little wierd, and so does the smooth upper torso matched with a wrinkled lower torso. that looks like a resolute scarlett upper torso. is there any chance to use 50th lady jaye lower torso, agent helix legs, and amazon snake eyes cloak? oops, here i go again... my bad.

please at least consider moving that white stripe to the side instead of the middle? a drum major style uniform clasps on the side... and that white strip in the middle thee looks un-natural...

i like the general concept for this one, an update that honors the original without replicating it to a "T". even after my complaints, overall i'd give this figure a B.

rjhiii@sover.net
08-24-2016, 06:19 AM
Of course the Club does have to represent all collectors, so we end up getting Ninja Force, Eco Force, Battle Corps , Extreme, VvV, etc... With most of 82-86 releases at retail, but huge holes in 87, 88, 89, & 90 the ones under represented are the later era fans who grew up with neon colors, Star Brigade, weird aliens (even weirder than Cobra La) etc. and the foreign collectors. Again, the Club usually does a good job diversifying the FSS, and Con Sets to represent these eras.

NS550@aol.com
08-24-2016, 07:59 AM
I've never been a fan of that era either, the original extreme line i never bought and the VvV I bought the new characters that were introduced only as I was not a fan of the new spins on old Joes. That being said there's a lot of people that love those lines and the FSS is really the only place where they will ever see the characters made so I for one think we can spare 1 or 2 spots for characters from that time period. The original line is the one that we will be seeing retail and more likely in JoeCon sets and club figures so let's try to keep the FSS appealing to everyone including the later time periods.

dgarlit@gmail.com
08-24-2016, 08:43 AM
Not a fan at all. Though I was never a fan of Extreme, I enjoyed this character in the club character and this doesn't look like that at all. That brown is a bad choice. If it's at all possible, I hope they consider a color change. She should be closer to Iron Klaw in colors. The bar has already been set with that figure, they just need to change the colors to better match him.

kelty11@verizon.net
08-24-2016, 09:15 AM
This is an interesting design. I could do without the skirt/chaps which make her look like a cowgirl. Great companion to Gen. Flagg as they wear lots of leather and peak caps.

Not the strongest design in the group (Now that we know the club is reconsidering Salvo).

mmullin2@chw.edu
08-24-2016, 11:12 AM
another favorite for me, just change the brown to red, and I am all over it.

krob73@yahoo.com
08-24-2016, 12:12 PM
This is a great looking figure! I agree with Big Blue II, this is a great surprise on par with Gen. Flagg.

j_yoders@hotmail.com
08-24-2016, 12:48 PM
I'll sell mine if anybody wants it. I have ZERO attachment to these '90s lines.

jimsnow70@aol.com
08-24-2016, 04:02 PM
I like her, she's different. Nice job club.

MajorGibroni@gmail.com
08-25-2016, 05:30 PM
:cool: I like it. Been looking forward to this character. I like seeing SKAR get some attention in the modern figure era. Sometimes GI Joe needs more enemies other than just Cobra. I kinda think her boots might look better in black.

eric@insidious1.com
08-29-2016, 02:21 PM
She's wearing two miss-matched coats. Salvo looks great. Can we fix her now?