PDA

View Full Version : GIJCC: FSS 5.0 Scoop Preview!

Commander_Lane
08-19-2016, 02:32 PM
We are very excited to offer the fifth limited edition GIJCC Figure Subscription Service. This assortment contains a variety of fan requested characters from all eras of the 3 3/4-inch G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero series. It includes classic 80's, 90's, international, and a never before released character to add to your modern era action figure collection. Upon successful completion, you will also receive a BONUS mystery 13th carded action figure with the last shipment.

Each single carded action figure features the highly articulated modern era sculpts with weapons and accessories to accomplish any mission!

Here is the 9th figure preview:

http://www.gijoeclub.com/images/FSS5scoopWEB.jpg
G.I. JOE COMBAT JOURNALIST: SCOOP
(Based on the classic 1989 action figure!)

Includes: removable vest, radio, broadcast camera, microphone, assault rifle, knife, pistol, and figure stand.

NOTE: All images are Photoshop representations, final product, accessories and/or colors may vary!

kaljzl0824@yahoo.com
08-19-2016, 02:39 PM
This is really good. I like it alot. I don't know what the microphone is for. But why is he so Orange? Is Scoop not more Yellow? I hope that gets corrected.

csi_kincaid@yahoo.com
08-19-2016, 02:55 PM
YES! This is absolutely incredible. Well done here. Leonard Michaels would be proud!

abesapien2@comcast.net
08-19-2016, 02:55 PM
Please change the orange to yellow!

mmullin2@chw.edu
08-19-2016, 02:58 PM
Another favorite. Looks great and yes change the orange to yellow. You notice there is a lot of orange is this set.

csi_kincaid@yahoo.com
08-19-2016, 03:02 PM
Remember, folks, it is just Photoshop. The colors always look better in hand. Plus, some computer monitors look different. On my phone he is almost Hazard Orange. On my computer, he looks more yellow.

axonrey@gmail.com
08-19-2016, 03:05 PM
If the helmet was removable, I'd be willing to call this perfect.

steve.2477@hotmail.com
08-19-2016, 03:07 PM
Great Scoop. Looks great.

rjhiii@sover.net
08-19-2016, 03:30 PM
bad photoshop, the mic is so he can record what he is seeing and interview the Joes . After all they can't let Hector Ramirez Spin the story for Cobra.... ;)

krob73@yahoo.com
08-19-2016, 03:36 PM
Good looking figure! This one's a winner! Fantastic! Score is now 4 good, 4 meh, and 1 bad! Good job Club!

NS550@aol.com
08-19-2016, 03:50 PM
Only thing I'd really like to change would be a removable helmet, looks great otherwise! I don't mind the orange, although the traditional yellow would be fine too.

julestobin@gmail.com
08-19-2016, 04:01 PM
IT'S SCOOP! QUESTIONS will finally be answered! His Journalism Skills are Military!

rjhiii@sover.net
08-19-2016, 04:27 PM
Only thing I'd really like to change would be a removable helmet, looks great otherwise! I don't mind the orange, although the traditional yellow would be fine too.

I expect AngelForge, Maurauders, or another caster will make one, as well as copies of Salvo's original weapons

Thompson.hunter58@yahoo.com
08-19-2016, 04:40 PM
I hooe so... Other than the helmet i love this figure

ozcouple@live.com
08-19-2016, 05:10 PM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zo-YVqV0v4Q

http://i1074.photobucket.com/albums/w405/ozcouple/CBAC72E9-3602-402F-884B-5FA2FEA6FC63_zpsluslicx1.gif (http://s1074.photobucket.com/user/ozcouple/media/CBAC72E9-3602-402F-884B-5FA2FEA6FC63_zpsluslicx1.gif.html)

jared.vitosh@gmail.com
08-19-2016, 05:30 PM
This one looks good. When I saw Sky Patrol Airborne I actually thought this head would be better for Scoop, and here it is. The colors will probably look great in hand, it just looks a little off on the computer mock up. I like that he is well armed and doesn't just have the camera because he is a journalist. That is actually one of my favorite rifles.

sheila4420@hotmail.com
08-19-2016, 06:54 PM
Scoop looks awesome! Great job on this one. Definitely looking forward to getting him. A removable helmet would've been cool, but he looks great. I wonder if he will have the pistol with the silencer like the original had, if I remember correctly.

terran_brackiatt@yahoo.com
08-19-2016, 07:19 PM
this is how to update a classic figure... i'm a little disappointed in the slightly oversized head, but overall this is an A- figure.

hb_chris@hotmail.com
08-19-2016, 08:25 PM
Nice! Make it a bit more yellow and I'd call it perfect.

j_yoders@hotmail.com
08-19-2016, 09:19 PM
LOOOOOVE! Scoop was my favorite as a kid (I'm a print journalist) and I always thought he should have a mic. I like the inclusion of the rifle because, as his filecard says, he has saved his fellow joes in a firefight before. You should still probably include a sidearm like the original had. Is that a holster behind his live-shot cam? Include a sidearm and holster.

P.S. Yeah, seriously, people the colors are never final at this stage.

csi_kincaid@yahoo.com
08-19-2016, 09:35 PM
For the customizers out there, I showed this to my little brother and the first thing he said was "paint it black and Cobra Blue and you'd have a Rap Viper!" LOL only he would think of that.

csi_kincaid@yahoo.com
08-19-2016, 09:37 PM
It did say he comes with a pistol. Yes, the holster is semi hidden behind the camera

j_yoders@hotmail.com
08-20-2016, 09:49 AM
I actually like the non-removable helmet. The original didn't have one, either.

j_yoders@hotmail.com
08-20-2016, 09:58 AM
Sorry about all the posts, guys. I am ridiculously excited for Scoop.

kelty11@verizon.net
08-20-2016, 10:36 AM
Love it! My Operation Dragonfire cast is almost complete. Makes up for the horrible Slavo sculpt. I somehow knew we would be getting Scoop once the Convention Airborne was shown. I do wish he came with a removable helmet, but beggars can't be choosers.

pyro671402@comcast.net
08-20-2016, 10:38 AM
Looks great! I hope you stay with the darker color tan or burnt orange. There's no place for a yellow jumpsuit on a military figure, and it still homages the original figure without repeating the horrible color choices made in the late 80s/early 90s.

boostergold5@gmail.com
08-20-2016, 10:44 AM
LOOOOOVE! Scoop was my favorite as a kid (I'm a print journalist) and I always thought he should have a mic. I like the inclusion of the rifle because, as his filecard says, he has saved his fellow joes in a firefight before. You should still probably include a sidearm like the original had. Is that a holster behind his live-shot cam? Include a sidearm and holster.

P.S. Yeah, seriously, people the colors are never final at this stage.

LOL, by the time they show us the pictures, EVERYTHING is pretty much 'final'.. Its nice to see them, but its too late to ask for changes. Its one of the annoying things about the club.

dgarlit@gmail.com
08-20-2016, 12:36 PM
That Airborne head works really well for scoop, nice choice!

jared.vitosh@gmail.com
08-20-2016, 01:44 PM
For those asking about the pistol, it's sitting on the figure stand next to his right foot. There should be a holster on his right thigh for it. Doesn't look like there is a silencer, but that has happened before, so it's not surprising.

axonrey@gmail.com
08-20-2016, 04:46 PM
I actually like the non-removable helmet. The original didn't have one, either.

The original totally hag a removable helmet because i lost mine...

csi_kincaid@yahoo.com
08-20-2016, 04:59 PM
The original totally hag a removable helmet because i lost mine...
Yes, the original had a removable helmet AND a chin mic. Probably the reason for the hand held mic here. I just bought my brother a complete Scoop original to avoid his jealousy over this version.

NS550@aol.com
08-20-2016, 06:02 PM
Yes, the original had a removable helmet AND a chin mic. Probably the reason for the hand held mic here. I just bought my brother a complete Scoop original to avoid his jealousy over this version.

Yes, I have the original and still have the removable helmet it came with, unfortunately i lost the mic that was originally part of it. I don't think this change is going to happen because they would need to get a new head and create a new helmet since I don't think there has been a similar helmet made that would work. I always liked that about the vintage style, if they could make a removable helmet they always did, like the original sky patrol, all removable helmets. To me it takes away a lot from this figure to hide his face but other than that I think they did a great job, if they could add in his binoculars too as another accessory that would be nice!

NS550@aol.com
08-20-2016, 06:19 PM
Was just thinking, if they ever made a 3 3/4 inch scale police academy line a steve guttenberg head would be very close to the original scoop, then we just need a helmet! :D

morgardee@hotmail.com
08-20-2016, 06:22 PM
Have we seen any new cast parts yet?

csi_kincaid@yahoo.com
08-20-2016, 08:57 PM
Have we seen any new cast parts yet?

No. All parts used so far are recognized as being mostly POC or older it appears. Well, except Gaucho, who is just a repaint of 50th Gung-Ho.

huntersabin@yahoo.com
08-21-2016, 12:18 AM
Arg, was really hoping for something special here. Just solidifying the fact that this fan will not Subscribe this go around. Again, bummer.

csi_kincaid@yahoo.com
08-21-2016, 09:41 AM
Allow me to correct myself. The only two pieces I can see in the reveals, at least so far, that are new is Raptor's head dress and retooled gun for Darklon.

Rguthei1@twcny.rr.com
08-26-2016, 03:59 PM
With Scoop yes it would be nice IF he had a removable Helmet BUT He comes with the nice Camera (that originally came way back in 2008 as part of DVD Set 5 (with the elusive Beam Emitter) Back then and as recently as last yearthe Camera was a 4 piece construct with the Main camera, a lower piece with a grip, a Pole and a base. I'd almost like to see at least the grip piece come with it if not the pole and base as well.

bdwhite79@gmail.com
08-27-2016, 01:14 AM
I have always really enjoyed the character of scoop and I agree that a removable helmet sure would make this figure something amazing. I also agree that having his face covered does take away from the figure. I am fine with the handheld microphone instead of having the mic attached to his head, but please try to find a way to make his helmet removable. The club is doing a great job on 5.0, however if they give us a removable helmet for scoop they will knock this series out of the park!! Thanks for all that you guys do!

bdwhite79@gmail.com
08-28-2016, 01:56 AM
Here might be another thought....if the club can't make the helmet removable, what about making his visor clear with a red tent to it so we can at least see more of his face with his eyes instead of covering up his eyes completely. I don't know this might be just as expensive but I'm just trying to think of ways we could improve scoop.

NS550@aol.com
08-28-2016, 08:00 AM
Here might be another thought....if the club can't make the helmet removable, what about making his visor clear with a red tent to it so we can at least see more of his face with his eyes instead of covering up his eyes completely. I don't know this might be just as expensive but I'm just trying to think of ways we could improve scoop.

Not sure but I think if the current head sculpt is one solid piece then it's all cast in the same plastic, most likely green or skin tone, and the visor is simply painted on. If that is the case making a transparent visor would require a whole new head sculpt at which point it would be easier to just make a head and a helmet separately.

jared.vitosh@gmail.com
08-28-2016, 08:21 AM
Yep that head/helmet is all made as one solid piece. It's the same one used on the Sky Patrol Airborne recently. There is no way of making it removable or transparent without starting over with a whole new piece. I think the plan was to make Scoop and Airborne with this head all along so it's not changing. This isn't the same thing as changing Salvo.

bdwhite79@gmail.com
08-28-2016, 12:16 PM
That makes sense. Oh well! Worth a shot...��Regardless of what comes our way, I'm excited to add scoop to my collection.