PDA

View Full Version : GIJCC: FSS 5.0 General Flagg Preview!

Commander_Lane
08-11-2016, 01:32 PM
We are very excited to offer the fifth limited edition GIJCC Figure Subscription Service. This assortment contains a variety of fan requested characters from all eras of the 3 3/4-inch G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero series. It includes classic 80's, 90's, international, and a never before released character to add to your modern era action figure collection. Upon successful completion, you will also receive a BONUS mystery 13th carded action figure with the last shipment.

Each single carded action figure features the highly articulated modern era sculpts with weapons and accessories to accomplish any mission!

Here is the fourth figure preview:

http://gijoeclub.com/images/FSS5genflagg2WEB.jpg
G.I. JOE STRATEGIC COMMANDER: GENERAL FLAGG
(Based on the 1993 Battle Corps action figure!)

Includes: removable hat, sub machine gun, top secret files briefcase, pistol, and figure stand.

NOTE: All images are Photoshop representations, final product, accessories and/or colors may vary!

kaljzl0824@yahoo.com
08-11-2016, 01:46 PM
This figure would definitely benefit from a new head sculpt. He looks like a teenager. It's a cool figure for sure. But not a good General Flagg. This one is a pass for me. That being said, the first 3 are amazing.

csi_kincaid@yahoo.com
08-11-2016, 02:24 PM
This figure would definitely benefit from a new head sculpt. He looks like a teenager. It's a cool figure for sure. But not a good General Flagg. This one is a pass for me. That being said, the first 3 are amazing.

I have to agree. This head doesn't really fit for the character. Otherwise, I like this. I wonder what the head of Iron Bear would look like on this....

axonrey@gmail.com
08-11-2016, 02:25 PM
Looks cool, but not like Flagg. Dvd Dusty head or Fred head might be better? Also, not sure about the updated color palette.

j_yoders@hotmail.com
08-11-2016, 02:25 PM
yeah, you have to do something to age that face. Flagg was always portrayed as a hardened, wizened general. Maybe grey hair?

gigamach@cox.net
08-11-2016, 02:38 PM
To be fair, this is the son of the original Flagg, so younger may be intentional. Based on the Battle Corps figure and File Card, apparently. This guy looks pretty dope to me!

jared.vitosh@gmail.com
08-11-2016, 02:44 PM
I'm not sure how I feel about this one yet. Might have to wait and see how it really looks in hand.
I agree the face looks too young here. I do believe this is supposed to be the son of the original General Flagg from the comics, but even so, his son wouldn't have become a general before he was 20. The head could be changed later, I guess...
I also hope the jacket turns out more brown instead of almost black. I always prefer v1 colors over later repaints (well, almost always).

Josiahdongraham@gmail.com
08-11-2016, 02:44 PM
To be fair, this is the son of the original Flagg, so younger may be intentional. Based on the Battle Corps figure and File Card, apparently. This guy looks pretty dope to me! I have to agree. Since this is the original Flagg's son then a younger face actually makes sense. I think he looks awesome! I especially love the firefly jacket, works great as a leather jacket! Wonder whose head he uses, since the description doesn't say anything about a new head sculpt.

axonrey@gmail.com
08-11-2016, 02:52 PM
It's Airborne. I don't mind the age part, i just think they're better options. I would have liked a brown coat, also. As a figure in general, it looks dope.

kaljzl0824@yahoo.com
08-11-2016, 02:53 PM
The more I look at him the more I like it. I just woulda liked paint on the inside of the flipped collar. Make it look like liner on the jacket. I might need to find a better choice for a head. That being said, he'll be on my display.

kwo_bubba@hotmail.com
08-11-2016, 02:54 PM
Needs an older headsculpt and a brown jacket. Not too amped about this one.

jared.vitosh@gmail.com
08-11-2016, 03:20 PM
By the way, thank you to the Club for doing reveals every day instead of slowly putting them out every other day. I hope we get another one tomorrow!

axonrey@gmail.com
08-11-2016, 03:21 PM
I guess the club prefers alternate decos when it comes to battle corps.

sheila4420@hotmail.com
08-11-2016, 03:26 PM
General Flagg looks AWESOME! Better than I had hoped for. I thought they were just going to use the General Hawk body with a new head sculpt and minor changes, but this looks great! Can't wait to get it!

Thompson.hunter58@yahoo.com
08-11-2016, 03:31 PM
Going to out a different head on him, but otherwise i LOVE it

rjhiii@sover.net
08-11-2016, 03:45 PM
Original Flagg is what people really wanted, but this is a good update of the O-Ring released version. I think a Short fuze head with mirrored glasses and darker blonde hair with gray highlights might make a good Original General Flagg head...

rent1374@hotmail.com
08-11-2016, 04:18 PM
No mustache

jimsnow70@aol.com
08-11-2016, 07:49 PM
The only thing I would do is make the jacket color brown. Since this is the original Flagg's son the younger head sculpt doesn't bother me too much. A good addition to the collection.

MajorGibroni@gmail.com
08-11-2016, 08:23 PM
Awesome leather coat! :cool:

julestobin@gmail.com
08-11-2016, 11:47 PM
Is it G.I.Joes 'version' of an Indiana Jones Character?

steve.2477@hotmail.com
08-12-2016, 05:49 AM
Flagg looks good, I was hoping for the 30th/FSS Law head to be used. I'm glad they went with the black jacket instead of brown. He would have looked too much like 25th Hawk with brown.

enforcr98@aol.com
08-12-2016, 08:08 AM
I guess the club prefers alternate decos when it comes to battle corps.

The battle corps version was black jacket.
http://www.yojoe.com/action/93/generalflagg2.shtml

kelty11@verizon.net
08-12-2016, 09:13 AM
I think this is a passable version of Gen Flagg. I do have several issues with the design
1. The face looks way to young for someone who is supposed to a Brig or Lt. Gen.
2. The fur-lined bomber jacket from the original 1992 and 1993 figures is a much better look.
3. The leather biker jacket paired with the peaked cap make him look like James Dean playing an SS Officer or a Panzer Commander.

I'll be interested to see the final design.

axonrey@gmail.com
08-12-2016, 12:36 PM
The battle corps version was black jacket.
http://www.yojoe.com/action/93/generalflagg2.shtml

The repainted battle corps version is black, not the original. Just like night creeper leader. That's what i mean.

enforcr98@aol.com
08-12-2016, 12:59 PM
The repainted battle corps version is black, not the original. Just like night creeper leader. That's what i mean.

hahaha ok, I get what your saying now.

iamcanadian@sasktel.net
08-13-2016, 09:39 AM
This is not General Flagg, this is Arthur Fonzarelli in an officers hat. It might have been passable if the collar and cuffs were painted to look like they were fur lined and if Law's head was used instead. I think this torso would work well for Ghost Rider.

csi_kincaid@yahoo.com
08-13-2016, 09:52 AM
It is an awesome coat. Surprised no one mentioned the two star general insignia on the sleeves yet

08-14-2016, 07:03 PM
Wait I just thought of something. This is the same head as the FSS 4 sneak peek. Classic sneak peek is in this set. Does that mean both figures Will have this head?

NS550@aol.com
08-15-2016, 02:04 PM
I for one love this figure, i don't care what color the jacket is, i have the original brown jacket version and to be honest i never thought I'd see a 25th style figure so good job!! Anyone that really wants the brown jacket version you can always paint it! ;)

08-15-2016, 02:46 PM
I for one love this figure, i don't care what color the jacket is, i have the original brown jacket version and to be honest i never thought I'd see a 25th style figure so good job!! Anyone that really wants the brown jacket version you can always paint it! ;)
Agreed. I almost died when I saw this mock up. Definitely one of the better FSS figures (that's saying a lot) imo

NS550@aol.com
08-15-2016, 07:44 PM
It does take away a bit from the character, I really liked the fight jacket that the original one had but all in all I'm just really happy to have a modern version. If I could change one thing it would be that collar though, give him the fur collar of his original flight jacket and I don't even care about the color.

crj9driver@gmail.com
08-15-2016, 10:32 PM
I was expecting a brown bomber jacket as well but the black leather looks sharp. A new head sculpt could go a long way though.

morgardee@hotmail.com
08-16-2016, 05:01 PM
Looks great but really needs a different head.

Club, is it too late to make a change?

Shadowcat01@hotmail.com
08-23-2016, 12:48 PM
I agree. If the head is kept the same, that will mean two figures in the same set with the same head (Flagg & Sneak Peek).

NS550@aol.com
08-24-2016, 08:01 AM
I hate to say it but the more I look at this figure the more I wish he had his original jacket... I think I'm going to find a way to add the furry collar to this figure if the final version still has the biker jacket.

rjhiii@sover.net
08-24-2016, 09:06 AM
Anyone good with photoshop? I wonder what he would look like with Short Fuze's head with a dirtier/darker blonde hair?

kelty11@verizon.net
08-24-2016, 09:19 AM
It's a great figure, don't get me wrong, but I too wish they had gone with the brown bomber jacket.

jmaroney91@gmail.com
08-26-2016, 06:37 AM
Yep... same here. I don't mind the 1993 version but the jacket fleece/liner is absolutely the difference between James Dean as Biker KGB and General Flagg

jimsnow70@aol.com
09-02-2016, 04:05 PM
I guess it's too late to change the jacket color to brown. Maybe they're saving that version for a later FSS or con exclusive figure?

jared.vitosh@gmail.com
09-02-2016, 04:17 PM
I hope not. I actually wanted the brown one more, but now that we have the black one from this sub, I don't want to pay for another one. At $30+ per figure I wouldn't want to have 2 figures that are so similar.

NS550@aol.com
09-02-2016, 05:31 PM
I'm not so concerned about the color specifically as much as I am the type of jacket they're using. I liked the bomber jacket look from the original figures, they didn't even change the mold on v.2 they only painted it black, I would paint this one brown except that it's still going to be a biker jacket. This torso would work great for a Mace figure as he did have a leather jacket but it doesn't work as well for a General Flagg.

jared.vitosh@gmail.com
09-02-2016, 08:56 PM
You know, this figure might actually make a great custom Mace. I might have to try that...