PDA

View Full Version : GIJCC: FSS 5.0 Darklon Preview!

Commander_Lane
08-10-2016, 03:28 PM
We are very excited to offer the fifth limited edition GIJCC Figure Subscription Service. This assortment contains a variety of fan requested characters from all eras of the 3 3/4-inch G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero series. It includes classic 80's, 90's, international, and a never before released character to add to your modern era action figure collection. Upon successful completion, you will also receive a BONUS mystery 13th carded action figure with the last shipment.

Each single carded action figure features the highly articulated modern era sculpts with weapons and accessories to accomplish any mission!

Here is the third figure preview:

http://gijoeclub.com/images/FSS5darklon2WEB.jpg
IRON GRENADIER COURIER: DARKLON
(Based on the classic 1989 action figure!)

Includes: removable harness, scabbard belt with sword, re-tooled projectile rifle, auto pistol, courier case, pistol, and figure stand.

NOTE: All images are Photoshop representations, final product, accessories and/or colors may vary!

Rguthei1@twcny.rr.com
08-10-2016, 03:32 PM
From the thighs up he rates an 8. Below them I'd say a four. The majority of his legs look almost translucent to me.

kaljzl0824@yahoo.com
08-10-2016, 03:38 PM
I think I really like this!!

gigamach@cox.net
08-10-2016, 03:44 PM
Oh man. This was one of my most anticipated figs, but this rendition is not doing what I'd hoped. I understand that making Darklon different from the Con set feels like the "right" thing to do, but the parts used here are, IMO, poor choices from an articulation and looks standpoint. In particular, the waist up - The cavity of the under-arms, the thin, and barely poseable Zartan arms - I don't mind the unarticulated boots, and I'm excited about the retooled gun (great idea!) but I would strongly suggest that the arms be replaced at the very least, even if just with the dollar-store shipwreck arms, like the torso. Anyway, I hope this is taken as constructive, and not just negative.

fostereben@gmail.com
08-10-2016, 03:44 PM
looks great...

garbognar@gmail.com
08-10-2016, 03:52 PM
Those arms are detracting from an otherwise good build. This will not hurt the value of the con version much, that one was way better IMHO.

axonrey@gmail.com
08-10-2016, 04:01 PM
I like that it looks like the original, but i, too, dislike those arms. Hopefully, that Parts combo looks better in person.

Thompson.hunter58@yahoo.com
08-10-2016, 04:14 PM
I couldn't stand the hands on the Con version. I can dig this one

csi_kincaid@yahoo.com
08-10-2016, 04:14 PM
I hope I can say this without coming off as overly critical. I love the figure on its entirety, but I don't really see much difference here between the JoeCon version and this. It looks almost like a rerelease of the same body with different weapons and armor.

j_yoders@hotmail.com
08-10-2016, 05:09 PM
Legs and waist are WAY too small in this rendering. It won't even stand up. The convention one was much better.

arock1922@yahoo.com
08-10-2016, 05:12 PM
I hope I can say this without coming off as overly critical. I love the figure on its entirety, but I don't really see much difference here between the JoeCon version and this. It looks almost like a rerelease of the same body with different weapons and armor.

The only part that is close to the Con version is literally the head. The rest of the body is completely different from the con build.

Great choice in retooling that gun.

iamcanadian@sasktel.net
08-10-2016, 05:16 PM
Nice to have it a little more faithfull to the original but I'm glad I have the con version. Have to agree that the arm selection is weird.

csi_kincaid@yahoo.com
08-10-2016, 09:39 PM
I can grant you that after a second look. I have the JoeCon version, so I'm likely to either leave this carded or put him in the Evader for my collection.

giants5680@yahoo.com
08-10-2016, 09:44 PM
Now I have to figure out how to pay for two subscriptions! I am not fortunate enough to have the Joe Con version. So this will work for me. Love all the figures so far!

julestobin@gmail.com
08-10-2016, 10:50 PM
...isn't this the same guy as a Con extra out of last years offerings? Is he supposed to be 'The DESTRO of Vehicles'?

kelty11@verizon.net
08-11-2016, 10:55 AM
Love it!!. I think this a much more vintage-faithful version of Darklon. The 2012 Con ver (which I don't own) is great but I think this is better.

Proof the waiting sometimes pays off. Now I don't have to spend $$$$ on the 2012 figure.

j_yoders@hotmail.com
08-11-2016, 01:18 PM
No Grenadiers logo on his, anywhere, waist looks too skinny... I'm sticking with the con version.

jared.vitosh@gmail.com
08-11-2016, 02:37 PM
...isn't this the same guy as a Con extra out of last years offerings? Is he supposed to be 'The DESTRO of Vehicles'?

Yes, there was a Darklon (http://www.yojoe.com/action/12/darklon2.shtml) sold at the the convention in 2011. They both use the color scheme of the original 1989 Darklon (http://www.yojoe.com/action/89/darklon.shtml) but this one uses entirely different parts, except for the head of course. The first one looked more like an armored up, battle ready Darklon. This one (which is called a courier) looks more suited for riding in vehicles or hanging out at Castle Destro.

sheila4420@hotmail.com
08-11-2016, 03:30 PM
I've been wanting this figure for a while now and he looks great! The Club is doing great with FSS 5

jimsnow70@aol.com
08-11-2016, 07:53 PM
The photoshopping on this looks terrible, but the part choice's are good,(except for the Zartan arms). He's one of those figure's that'll look better in hand.

steve.2477@hotmail.com
08-12-2016, 06:04 AM
I like him better than the Con version of 2012.

enforcr98@aol.com
08-12-2016, 08:09 AM
Overall I like him. May not like the choice of 25th Zartan arms.

viceroyhaako@hotmail.com
08-15-2016, 02:38 PM
Looking forward to this guy, he's awesome! So far, FSS 5 is looking good. Not thrilled about Flagg, Ambush looks OK, Charbroil looks about as expected (glad he has a removable helmet), Viper looks decent, looking forward to Raptor! That's the one besides Darklon I'm looking forward to the most, which means Raptor and Darklon will probably be figures 11 and 12.

NS550@aol.com
08-15-2016, 02:40 PM
I never got the con version of this figure, how is this one any different?
I'm a little surprised to see the club putting out a figure in FSS that was already released in a joecon set fairly recently, especially since it is based on the same figure.

Slamgod7140@hotmail.com
08-15-2016, 05:27 PM
Based on the same figure, but the parts build is a bit more akin to the original. The con version is a bit more customized. That said, I see what everyone is getting at about the arms. I still like it a lot, but I get it.

axonrey@gmail.com
08-17-2016, 06:36 AM
I find it strange that people don't like "this version". It's exponentially more faithful to the original than the Con version, unless you just don't like the classic figure. But comparably, this is pretty good.

I'm like most others- don't like the arms, but especially compared to the torso. It seems the only reason to use this torso is to replicate the textured look of the classic figure, but then to use arms which have no texture kind of ruins it. I'd rather them then just use a muscled torso like the original.

j_yoders@hotmail.com
08-17-2016, 07:58 AM
I liked the con version better than the original. Sleeves without matching shirt/chest were never a good look in my book. Plus, it gave a chance to put a big Iron Grenadiers logo on him.

NS550@aol.com
08-17-2016, 08:33 AM
I always liked having the Iron Grenadiers with a matching color scheme, Since we already saw classic colors in the con version I honestly would've liked a IG color scheme for the FSS version, it would be new and different from the original. That's just my opinion though, I'd probably end up painting him over anyway, black red and gold would go great with his original bike too!

pyro671402@comcast.net
08-17-2016, 06:35 PM
I always liked having the Iron Grenadiers with a matching color scheme, Since we already saw classic colors in the con version I honestly would've liked a IG color scheme for the FSS version, it would be new and different from the original. That's just my opinion though, I'd probably end up painting him over anyway, black red and gold would go great with his original bike too!

That's what I was hoping for too. They said at the Con this would be more a "POC version" of Darklon, but I don't know what this is....

And since nobody else has really asked it, here goes. WHAT THE HECK is going on with the legs?!! I can't tell if they're supposed to be orange translucent, or day-glo orange, but either choice is horrible!!! If this is supposed to be a "POC" version (and why NOT if it's not?) why not something that makes a bit more sense, if not the "standard" IG coloring?

jimsnow70@aol.com
08-18-2016, 05:37 PM
That's what I was hoping for too. They said at the Con this would be more a "POC version" of Darklon, but I don't know what this is....

And since nobody else has really asked it, here goes. WHAT THE HECK is going on with the legs?!! I can't tell if they're supposed to be orange translucent, or day-glo orange, but either choice is horrible!!! If this is supposed to be a "POC" version (and why NOT if it's not?) why not something that makes a bit more sense, if not the "standard" IG coloring?

The leg colors will be more subdued, the photoshopped pics always make the colors look too bright.

mmullin2@chw.edu
08-19-2016, 11:38 AM
One of my favorite figures in this set. I have the original Darklon, but missed the con figure. So will be happy to get this one.

ChadExcitement@aol.com
08-28-2016, 02:07 PM
I have the con version and prefer it, but I'm not going to knock getting a carded Darklon figure. That's something we've never had before. Hopefully the card art is really nice. It's not a perfect figure, but I think it looks pretty good, and it's really nice for those who couldn't get the con version at a decent price. All in all, pretty solid.

eric@insidious1.com
08-29-2016, 02:23 PM
Those old Zartan lower arms and gloves have got to go. They're too slim and wonky with that torso and upper arm. Those forearms need to be retired.

NS550@aol.com
09-02-2016, 05:40 AM
I may be in the minority here but I actually like the JoeCon version more... this one looks like he belongs in the Tiger Force not the Iron Grenadiers... I liked the new take on the torso from the con set and the legs were a lot better than the destro legs used here. I have mixed feelings about the arms on this one but on the plus side I think the accessories are much better. I am not sure if this will be a keeper for me yet.