PDA

View Full Version : Ongoing updates August 2016

GIJCC_Staff
08-01-2016, 10:49 AM
There are a few reports from the current FSS shipment that people who ordered their figures shipped through the Post Office are receiving their packages separated. We have not had any reports of FedEx shipments having this issue. We are working with the PO to find out what center caused the packages to be spilt. Please note that the way we put the information on the packages will ensure that they either both go to the customer or come back to us. If you have an issue please contact customer support. We will get this sorted out but we need to give the packages time to work their way through the system. We are considering not using the Post Office on the FSS 5 orders for domestic packages.

rjhiii@sover.net
08-01-2016, 11:15 AM
I saw the posts and was worried, but mine arrived no issues. Personally, I have had nothing but bad luck and damage on most Fed Ex deliveries and try to avoid them at all costs. Including paying more to ship things USPS or UPS or even DHL to ensure my item arrives unbroken/undamaged and to the right location...

kaljzl0824@yahoo.com
08-01-2016, 02:27 PM
I agree, I do not like Fed Ex. They tend to damage stuff sometimes. I much prefer USPS.

kwo_bubba@hotmail.com
08-01-2016, 03:00 PM
I guess it depends on location. I always go with Fed Ex because the local USPS are buffoons and have lost or misdirected many of my items. Never had an issue from Fed Ex. I always pay extra and use it if it's an option. I think the club needs to keep offering multiple shipping options so members can choose what works best for them. I'd go a step further and offer UPS as well for those that are so inclined.

Thompson.hunter58@yahoo.com
08-01-2016, 03:07 PM
Ymine came rrom USPS with all three figures

Slamgod7140@hotmail.com
08-01-2016, 11:01 PM
Mine was thrown from the postal workers truck in the caldesac onto my front walk. USPS is usually pretty good here, but this is not the first time it's happened. My figs were in great shape( thanks to the packing), but still it irks me to no end.

bdwhite79@gmail.com
08-01-2016, 11:22 PM
I completely agree!! My local post office works the exact same way!! My local post office are always late delivering my club magazine and I waited for a month and half for my Pythona figure to arrive late and it showed up in a damaged box. Still waiting on my July magazine as we speak....

rjhiii@sover.net
08-02-2016, 07:31 AM
Just got my July Magazine today.

So Fed Ex- Basically threw a vintage unbroken Terror Drome into my driveway, on a day that was well below zero. Yes I have a long drive way, but inexcusable . Needless to say both turrets were broke, and the upper portion of the superstructure was cracked.

Fed Ex "delivered" my nephew's Millennium Falcon this Christmas to a neighboring business (sort of) they dropped it off in the middle of the parking lot in front of some overhead doors. Lucky, I was tracking it and immediately called. They said the driver "delivered it 'inside my garage'" and tried to end the conversation, until I pointed out A. they did not deliver it to me. and B. I Did not have a garage.

Fed Ex switched my home address (which has no USPS delivery in the sticks of Vermont) to "Smart Post" where my package bounced between Amazon and my post office three times BEFORE the seller put my phone number on the BOX and wrote CALL FOR PICK UP C.O.D. Needless to say, my "free Amazon Prime " shipping ended up costing us both and delaying the "gift" by two months making a Birthday gift become a Christmas gift. If I can avoid Fed Ex- I avoid Fed Ex regardless of what I am shipping or receiving...

kaljzl0824@yahoo.com
08-02-2016, 09:28 AM
I've noticed Fed Ex just likes dropping packages at the front door. Could be rain on the ground, they do not care.

kelty11@verizon.net
08-02-2016, 09:51 AM
There are advantages and disadvantages to both services. There are all the cliches about the Post Office losing packages and being lazy, etc. but I have never had any real issue with them. I do live in NYC though so I can't speak for those of you who live in suburban, semi-rural or rural areas. The problem I have with FedEx is that they have to leave packages by your door if you're not home. The PO office always leaves items at my buildings management office or at my local PO. They also do a better job of tracking lost packages that FedEx (although UPS is the best). I always choose USPS for FSS and Con set deliveries because they are usually much faster than FedEx.

Between 2002 and 2016 I've only had an issue with the 2005 Membership figure (the club resent it after I reported it missing) and between 2000 and 2016 the PO has only lost or temporarily lost 3-5 issues of the newsletter (these instances all occurred when they were stitched into Master Collector.

I recommend that the club keep the PO option on FSS 5. Couldn't the final shipment be placed in a single box?

rcmejia@gmail.com
08-02-2016, 02:28 PM
I agree, I do not like Fed Ex. They tend to damage stuff sometimes. I much prefer USPS.
Agreed. I purchased a defiant and it was shipped via FedEx and arrived in pieces and they denied the claim

MajorGibroni@gmail.com
08-02-2016, 05:50 PM
I prefer receiving my stuff through the U.S. Postal Service. I know my mail man on a first name basis after living here for 5 years. He knows that if my packages do not fit in my parcel locker that I like for him to ring the doorbell and wait for my wife to answer. Fed Ex NEVER rings my doorbell even if I leave a note on the screen door to "Please ring doorbell when leaving packages". I would totally quit ordering from the club if the club were to switch to Fed Ex service only.

GIJCC_Staff
08-08-2016, 02:57 PM
Hello Members,

We just wanted to post a quick heads-up that our FSS 5.0 previews will start this week with ordering information to follow!

GIJCC_Staff
08-09-2016, 03:02 PM
Just a quick note: We are waiting on approval of the images and the group park ticket link for next year's convention. We should have this any day now. We originally thought we would have had these already. Also FSS 5.0 ordering will start shortly.

boostergold5@gmail.com
08-10-2016, 05:07 AM
How long will we have to make the ginormous payments before ordering is closed? I want to have the gajillion dollars ready so that I dont blink and miss it..

crj9driver@gmail.com
08-10-2016, 04:46 PM
Thankfully I received my last three figures. The boxes were well taped. Sorry for those who got shorted.

GIJCC_Staff
08-12-2016, 03:09 PM
Looks like the FSS 5 order period will go live on Monday so save your money!

Also, you can now make your reservation for GIJoeCon 2017 at the Dolphin Hotel.

rjhiii@sover.net
08-12-2016, 03:13 PM
You might want to push your FB staff (and probably Twitter) to update the FB page with this info also. 17,000 potential customers ...

GIJCC_Staff
08-15-2016, 11:15 AM
These are notes for you guys to have heads up. Everything will show up on FB all in good time. We want you to have the info first by looking here.

j_yoders@hotmail.com
08-15-2016, 11:48 AM
So, is it up?

rjhiii@sover.net
08-15-2016, 11:55 AM
These are notes for you guys to have heads up. Everything will show up on FB all in good time. We want you to have the info first by looking here.

I can understand that, but members do "copy and past" from here and the emails and why would anyone go to the Club FB or Twitter pages if it is all "old news". I appreciate the heads up, but honestly I am on FB way more than I am on here and I am one of the more "active" members on here. Marketing is about reach, and FB gives you the broader reach and easier avenue's to share info to other like minded individuals and collectors. That said, 17,000 fans is a father reach than any of the other FB groups and definitely a broader base than Hiss Tank and other forums...

iamcanadian@sasktel.net
08-15-2016, 12:49 PM

Thanks, appreciate that. I don't tweet on twitter and avoid FB as much as possible.

j_yoders@hotmail.com
08-15-2016, 01:02 PM
But guys, it's Monday, where is the FSS 5.0 sign-up? Is it not happening today now?

GIJCC_Staff
08-15-2016, 01:45 PM
FSS 5.0 is now live (http://www.mastercollector.com/fss/event.cfm?eid=1013).

Xamot still doesn't have a description as we had a tool issue but.... we "think" it is worked out. Some tools got moved to a different factory and we are confirming that we can still get access to them.

rjhiii@sover.net
08-15-2016, 02:00 PM
FSS 5.0 is now live (http://www.mastercollector.com/fss/event.cfm?eid=1013).

I am signed up- keep the reveals coming...

kaljzl0824@yahoo.com
08-15-2016, 02:41 PM
Got my subs in. Is there a reveal planned for today?

j_yoders@hotmail.com
08-15-2016, 03:22 PM
Got my sub in. If anybody wants my stealthy purple and neon orange "viper," I will be selling it.

gjwermund@gmail.com
08-15-2016, 04:39 PM
When will all reveals be put out?

Rguthei1@twcny.rr.com
08-15-2016, 04:50 PM
When will all reveals be put out?
Most likely by End of August since the subscription deadline is September 2nd

giants5680@yahoo.com
08-16-2016, 08:26 AM
Has anyone heard of if/when we should see the Arcee, Rodimus Prime "Only Human" set? And what about the rumored Heartwrencher? With all the changes the last couple of months, I wondered if these were still in the plans.

Rguthei1@twcny.rr.com
08-16-2016, 09:54 AM
From what a Buddy of mine heard during JoeCon Heartwrencher has been pushed to next year with the original caveat of dependent on sales of existing items (such as the HAVOC Mrk II and the Wavecrusher with Sub Viper)

As for the other set best advice is to wait and see if an official announcement is sent out. IT's possible that set is TFCC only

GIJCC_Staff
08-17-2016, 11:08 AM
Hello.... I have put the Xamot description back in the FSS. We had a tool scare but have worked it out back to our original concept. We will just borrow the tool from the other factory.

COBRA SHATTERED GLASS: XAMOT
(Based on the Sunbow cartoon design and Adventure Team: Shattered Glass comic!)
Features NEW head sculpt. Includes: auto pistol, briefcase containing removable cash bundles, and figure stand.

Arbrias@hotmail.com
08-17-2016, 10:22 PM
The description for Xamot mentions that it features a new head sculpt, but none of the other figures in the FSS have this distinction. Is Xamot the only figure in the entire FSS lineup that will receive a new head?

GIJCC_Staff
08-22-2016, 02:05 PM
Limits have been taken off of the remaining FSS 4.0 figures. Some are already sold out.

Also, we hear you and are working on another approach to the SALVO build. Hang tight.

gjwermund@gmail.com
08-22-2016, 02:18 PM
guru toys is preselling the heartwrencher and 3 pack trooper builder. When will those be up.

GIJCC_Staff
08-23-2016, 12:20 PM
No date yet. We have not even priced the figures.

GIJCC_Staff
08-23-2016, 12:23 PM
The Swan and Dolphin Resort is currently at capacity for reservations for Monday and Tuesday June 12-13. We are trying to work with them and get a wait list set up. Our suggestion is to make your reservations at the hotel for Wed+ before those nights are gone. We will advise when we know how to get on the wait list for Monday-Tuesday. We also advise that you make other reservations for Monday and Tuesday just in case you have to move to the Dolphin on Wednesday morning.

axonrey@gmail.com
08-24-2016, 02:18 PM
Is there even a remote chance we'll see any updates on any changes to Salvo before the deadline?