PDA

View Full Version : Unofficial Poll: 2017 con set

viceroyhaako@hotmail.com
06-23-2016, 10:05 PM
This is not an official poll, I'm just curious to see what everyone would like to see. After the results of the poll, I may put another poll out there to see what Joes/Cobras/vehicles you'd like to see. I may not put all of the themes you would want, but I'll put what I think might be likely to be done.

iamcanadian@sasktel.net
06-23-2016, 10:53 PM
I'd actually like to see a modern tanks for the memories set with newly tooled maulers, but I know that's a pipe dream. Or a plague/pheonix set. But from what you have listed I have to go Cobra La, just because it's what, the 30th? of the movie next year.

Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu
06-23-2016, 11:00 PM
I think a 12" Sgt. Savage con set would be really killer, using the Vintage Style bodies and a new headsculpt for Savage. See, my way of thinking puts the original GI Joe under the command of Sgt. Savage, in Dog Company, 30th Infantry Regiment, 3rd Infantry Division (the 3rd Infantry Division was the patch the original GI Joe Action Solder came with, more or less.)

bassistcarlos@sbcglobal.net
06-24-2016, 01:41 AM
D.E.F. Vs. Headhunters & Star brigade are tops on my list. I don't care for BF2000, but I would like to see Golobulus and the Royal Guard done; maybe in a 3 pack. I'd like to see Ninja Force completed. What I didn't see on the list was a red shadows set. I'd like to see that.

axonrey@gmail.com
06-24-2016, 08:21 AM
DEF seems the most feasible, but i love ninjas force and cobra la.

viceroyhaako@hotmail.com
06-24-2016, 08:32 AM
D.E.F. Vs. Headhunters & Star brigade are tops on my list. I don't care for BF2000, but I would like to see Golobulus and the Royal Guard done; maybe in a 3 pack. I'd like to see Ninja Force completed. What I didn't see on the list was a red shadows set. I'd like to see that.

Can't please everyone...

Yeah, I forgot about Red Shadows, and I'm sure I forgot others.

No biggie, like I said, this isn't official, just me being interested in what people would want. Of course some are more feasible than others. I mean, how likely do you think it is for the club to do a Star Brigade set with a new Crusader (much less Defiant), and all the Lunartix aliens (if they went that direction)? Of course it's still possible to do a Star Brigade set with a little ingenuity...

viceroyhaako@hotmail.com
06-24-2016, 08:36 AM
For those of you wondering what the Heavy Armor attack is, please see my other thread of 2017 con set. Basically have some heavy weapons Joes like Fast Draw, Recoil, Backblast, Downtown, etc.

rjhiii@sover.net
06-24-2016, 09:43 AM
For those of you wondering what the Heavy Armor attack is, please see my other thread of 2017 con set. Basically have some heavy weapons Joes like Fast Draw, Recoil, Backblast, Downtown, etc.

That is the fill the holes set of the 80/90's. That is how JFaria came up with it as trying to only fill holes 1990 and back to 87 to complete those sets. FYI Cobra La , Battle Force 2000 also accomplishes that so either would be a win.

and finally, sadly, someone from the club posted some cryptic " GIJoeCon (Official) Legally, we can't make this now. :)

kelty11@verizon.net
06-24-2016, 10:35 AM
Now that Cobra-La is out I bet it will be Star Brigade as the Con is being held in Florida.

axonrey@gmail.com
06-24-2016, 10:45 AM
wonder if "now" means we could but now we can't, or we can't but maybe later. I'm banking that Hasbro wants it for the 30th next year, hopefully retail and not SDCC

boudro72@yahoo.com
06-24-2016, 12:02 PM
No Crimson Guards or Red Shadows/Action Force options?

or Plague......boooooo
hahaha

kaljzl0824@yahoo.com
06-24-2016, 05:29 PM
Cobra La all day long.

bdwhite79@gmail.com
06-25-2016, 05:20 PM
Cobra La sounds great!

arock1922@yahoo.com
06-25-2016, 08:43 PM
Not quite sure why everyone is still voting for Cobra-La, FunPub has already said they legally can't do it.

rjhiii@sover.net
06-25-2016, 09:00 PM
Not quite sure why everyone is still voting for Cobra-La, FunPub has already said they legally can't do it.

Hoping that with enough votes, whatever that is legally holding it up can be undone is my guess

kelty11@verizon.net
06-26-2016, 11:05 AM
Posted this in a different discussion:
How about this?

Battle Force 2000 Vs. Crimson Guard Elite (combining BF2000 and Mega Marines as was done this year with Sky Patrol, Sky Commandos and Battle Copters)
Avalanche
Blaster
Blocker
Dodger
Knockdown
Maverick

Tomax and Xamot
Crimson Guard Commander (Battle Corps) x2
Lt. Denning (female CG from There's No Place Like Springfield)
4 Crimson Guard Elite - Based on POC Iron Grenadier Body and Retaliation CG Head

3-Pack:Mega Marines: Gung-Ho, Blast Off and Mirage
2 or 3 Pack: : Shadow Crimson Guard Immortal
Crimson Para-Viper (para drop figure)
Rockslide ATAV with Cyber-Viper
Tread Ripper Tank with Dee Jay
Cobra Gun Ship (repurposed for BF2000)

skoor.cr@gmail.com
06-26-2016, 12:20 PM
I know everyone keeps asking for a COBRA-LA set but lets get real we already have a NEMESIS ENFORCER and a PYTHONA all we really need is GLOBULUS and a ROYAL GUARD,do we really need to take up half of a convention set for 2 figures? Personally I think a 2 pack or slots in a future fss would suffice.

bmoney@cimtel.net
06-26-2016, 03:31 PM
i totally agree. i want some red shadows.

bmoney@cimtel.net
06-26-2016, 03:37 PM
actually the plague sounds good too. so basiclly give me red shadows vs skarr vs gi joe extreme or the plague vs two joes.

arock1922@yahoo.com
06-26-2016, 04:15 PM
I know everyone keeps asking for a COBRA-LA set but lets get real we already have a NEMESIS ENFORCER and a PYTHONA all we really need is GLOBULUS and a ROYAL GUARD,do we really need to take up half of a convention set for 2 figures? Personally I think a 2 pack or slots in a future fss would suffice.

I totally agree. I wouldn't want 8 Royal Guards no matter how cool the figure might be.

axonrey@gmail.com
06-26-2016, 04:50 PM
i would like an updated enforcer, but after that cobra la couldn't full a con set in a satisfactory way for the price.

viceroyhaako@hotmail.com
06-26-2016, 08:42 PM
Posted this in a different discussion:
How about this?

Battle Force 2000 Vs. Crimson Guard Elite (combining BF2000 and Mega Marines as was done this year with Sky Patrol, Sky Commandos and Battle Copters)
Avalanche
Blaster
Blocker
Dodger
Knockdown
Maverick

Tomax and Xamot
Crimson Guard Commander (Battle Corps) x2
Lt. Denning (female CG from There's No Place Like Springfield)
4 Crimson Guard Elite - Based on POC Iron Grenadier Body and Retaliation CG Head

3-Pack:Mega Marines: Gung-Ho, Blast Off and Mirage
2 or 3 Pack: : Shadow Crimson Guard Immortal
Crimson Para-Viper (para drop figure)
Rockslide ATAV with Cyber-Viper
Tread Ripper Tank with Dee Jay
Cobra Gun Ship (repurposed for BF2000)

Sounds good, but I'm not crazy about the CG's, as they've come out with a ton of them already. And what about Mega Marines Clutch and Mega Viper?

And what about the Mega Monsters? Surely they can either pull out old molds or make 3 3/4" versions of them with some ingenuity? The Monster Blaster APC still exists, at least it did back when the BAT APC was made for TRU several years ago. What about having this:

BF 2000-all 7 figures
3 pack Mega Marines-GH, Mirage, Blast Off
vehicles-Monster Blaster APC (but no neon this time) with Clutch
something big and futuristic for BF 2000, or several cool futuristic vehicles for them

Cyber Viper x2
Mega Viper x2
Dr. Mindbender (Battle Corps version)
Monstro Viper (Range Viper beefed up with new head)
Bio Viper (Eel beefed up with tentacles and new head)
Bio Viper 2 (from Renegades)

Cobra Vehicles:
Parasite (if mold still exists) in black with WORMS
HISS IV in solid black with black HISS Driver

Parachute figure: Battle Corps Leatherneck

fostereben@gmail.com
06-26-2016, 10:47 PM
DEF vs Headhunters is what I hope we get

skintat2@hotmail.com
06-26-2016, 11:23 PM
I've been asking for the battle force 2000 vs. Cobra La for years on the forums and con surveys...

Just curious, when did they say Cobra La was off the table for now?

skintat2@hotmail.com
06-26-2016, 11:27 PM

There's other characters from cobra la that could be done such as pre mutation/cobra la citizen cobra commander, a cobra commander during his second mutation towards being a snake, and personally I would want a small army of royal guard figures. So having a set or con set would make it so we get 5 or 6 of them

skoor.cr@gmail.com
06-27-2016, 12:23 PM
I don't get it you would rather have rereleased figures or repaints rather than new figures taking away what these figures are supposed to be special. Also taking away their value all because you want yet another COBRA COMMANDER added to the 25-30 already made since the 25th anniversary figures were released and you want an army of COBRA-LA ROYAL GUARDS. Not smart. I personally think that a3 pack consisting of a GLOBULUS and 2 ROYAL GUARDS would satisfy most of the collectiors wants for completing their COBRA-LA sets and you could buy your extra guards on the after market heck I'd give you one if they did that. I'd only want 1 anyway.

rjhiii@sover.net
06-27-2016, 01:45 PM
I've been asking for the battle force 2000 vs. Cobra La for years on the forums and con surveys...

Just curious, when did they say Cobra La was off the table for now?

GIJoeCon (Official)
GIJoeCon (Official) Legally, we can't make this now. :-)

rjhiii@sover.net
06-27-2016, 01:53 PM
Then clarification was asked- but radio silence... "Certain characters in the 50th line like Gung Ho and Falcon, Zartan, the vehicles, the Coyote, Triple T and I know Sgt. Slaughter is off the table WWE/Mattel deal and all.... could you do a set of Say Golobulus, with multiples of the Royal Guards" and another comment "so, is this like legally we can't make this now but maybe later, or we could have made it before, but not now, as in we're too late and Hasbro wants it..."

With no response... Like the oops, we said too much better not try to clarify radio silence...

rjhiii@sover.net
06-27-2016, 01:55 PM
I don't get it you would rather have rereleased figures or repaints rather than new figures taking away what these figures are supposed to be special. Also taking away their value all because you want yet another COBRA COMMANDER added to the 25-30 already made since the 25th anniversary figures were released and you want an army of COBRA-LA ROYAL GUARDS. Not smart. I personally think that a3 pack consisting of a GLOBULUS and 2 ROYAL GUARDS would satisfy most of the collectiors wants for completing their COBRA-LA sets and you could buy your extra guards on the after market heck I'd give you one if they did that. I'd only want 1 anyway.

The Cobra Commander would be special- snake-man , not the usual suspects. Sort of like all the people that wanted Zombie Cobra Commander (from the concept case) in the Zombie Initiative set. It is something you will not see at retail, and that makes it special.

ozcouple@live.com
06-27-2016, 07:50 PM
The Plague!

axonrey@gmail.com
06-28-2016, 04:14 AM
Florida is also famous for its drug trade, so headhunters are likely.

rcmejia@gmail.com
06-28-2016, 06:58 PM
No body cares for battelforce 2000. Check out eBay and they are being given away. It's like asking for the return of the Ford Tempo because it's no longer in production.

charlesbarry1975@hotmail.com
06-28-2016, 11:42 PM
The Renegades animated series did not make the list, so I'll choose the Sgt. Savage / Extreme choice.

rjhiii@sover.net
06-29-2016, 07:19 AM
They sell for the same as Tiger Force, Sky Patrol, DEF, Battle Corps etc. They also sell for more than the new sculpt era Plague and the neo Ninja and Eco Forces that keeps getting requested (namely BBQ and Deep Six) or already made. People want holes filled and to complete years in the Modern Era. Some want unproduced figures (rectifying the mistakes of the past) from the comics and Sunbow cartoon. Others want the foreign figures they never could get as kids, still others want the AT guys all done over in 1/18 scale. Nobody is right or wrong, It just shows there is a diverse group, that wants diverse updates. The Con Set is a way to get a block of these checked off in a theme and Battle Force 2000 as the Joe side works with 7 members.

kelty11@verizon.net
06-29-2016, 10:01 AM
I've found that BF2000 figures are quite expensive on ebay. Although I was surprised by the cost of Sky Patrol and Sky Commandos figures recently. There are very few being offered and even loose they are expensive. This is surprising because I remember SP and SC figures being all over the place when I was a kid. I passed on the original Sky Commandos at TRU, KB and Wallgreens because they were $6.99 (a tidy sum in 1990-91).